Yay! It’s Fall Y’all! I’m totally loving this weather… still warm- not crazy Atlanta humid warm, but good 70s warm. Nights are breezy and so fab we can keep all the doors and windows open. Think this may be my new favorite season. Sorry Summer. You may have lost me at 102 this year. With that said, it’s been so long I figured a few posts are due. Who is this moms crafty person? Does she really blog one a month? LOL.
Baby Girl 3 is now 7 weeks old and maternity leave is coming to an end way too soon. Oddly enough I had a huge big fat list of “I wanna do this” while on maternity leave and not all that has been done. I have accomplished this:
· Had a baby (Okay not really a 'to do' per say, but pretty cool)
· Burn maternity clothes
· Clean out all three closets
· Donate 4.5 million bags of clothes to others
· Clean out old toys and donate
· Make a fall centerpiece on our dining room table (lofty goals, eh?) and decorate for fall
· Organize and declutter all bathrooms and cabinets
· Spend way too much money on things I “Need” at Target
· Take a nap or two a week (this is awesome, p.s.)
· Spend an enormous amount of time with my boys and new daughter (by far the best!!)
One project I've wanted to try is to transform a few beside table lamps into this PB Mercury Glass Lamp look, but on the cheap and cheap since these babies run $259:
A little bummed because I thought I could just use any type of surface and get the Mercury Glass effect but after trying this on a few items around my house today, it only gets the look from glass.
Guess I should read more closely. I used a glass hurricane and used a squirt bottle to water it prior to spraying. I misted the hurricane between coats and probably did 5 coats. I've got some more practicing to do, fo' sho. Maybe I'll just pour water on the glass instead of spraying with a bottle. I'll try some other glass items tomorrow and do a Part Two for this project.
SO… I need to find an inexpensive glass lamp that I can turn into that Mercury Glass beauty PB sells for a whopping $259. Also, I need 2 burlap shades… any ideas to find a couple at a reasonable price? Could I buy burlap and use my handy lil’ glue gun?
Anyway this crazy mama will post YES I WILL ACTUALLY POST THIS MONTH and share some projects I’ve done while on break. Hope you're all well and thanks for checking in!